Ice Sheet Modeller, GNS Science
- Ice sheet dynamics
- Ice shelf-ocean interactions
- Surface mass balance
Victoria University of Wellington
The University of Michigan
Dan is an ice sheet and climate modeller working to understand the impacts of climate changes on the Antarctic ice sheet in the past, present and future.
His research interests include past deglaciations, parameter uncertainty in ice sheet models, ice sheet-solid Earth feedbacks, ice shelf-ocean interactions and ice sheet surface mass balance.
At the Hub, his projects include:
- State-dependent ice-sheet resonance under Cenozoic and future climates
- Ice-sheet model intercomparison project phase 6 (ISMIP6)
- Mid-Holocene Antarctic sea-ice increase driven by marine ice sheet retreat
- The future sea-level contribution of the Greenland ice sheet
- Retreat of the Antarctic Ice Sheet
- The influence of emissions scenarios on future Antarctic ice loss is unlikely to emerge this century